REFILL AND RECYCLE
Return your cleaned out candle containers to have them refilled with your favorite 1502 fragrances. Refills take about 2 weeks.
If you're local to San Diego you have a few options to drop off your container:
• At our partner store in Ocean Beach Botanica Home and Garden
• At our HQ neighbor TRVLR Coffee Roasters
• Directly to us at our HQ, We're usually open Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays 10-2pm - (just shoot us an email to check in since we're a small team and our schedule does change).
You can also ship it back to us at our HQ
Return your 1502 diffuser and mists bottle for $2 off your 1502 purchase.
HOW TO CLEAN OUT YOUR CONTAINER
We like to use the double boil method:
1) Fill a pot partway full of water. Keep the water line below the top of the jar.
2) Turn the stove to medium-low heat. Gently, gradually apply heat so that you don’t break the glass.
3) Heat until the wax is completely melted. Let everything get warm - it's easier to clean that way!
4) Pour in the trash, NOT the sink (unless you enjoy unclogging drains, of course).
5) Remove wick tabs. The tip of a butter knife works well to loosen them.
6) Remove labels and recycle.
7) Clean out the jar with hot soapy water.
Apothecary Jars $22
Travel Tins $12
Custom $5 + $1.75/oz
CANDLE REFILL FAQ
How does it work when I drop off my container?
If you drop off your container to Botanica
Our friends at Botanica will take down your information and what fragrance you’d like. As soon as your refill is ready to pick up we’ll text or email you. You’ll pay when you pick up.
If you drop off to us or TRVLR:
Same as Botanica but we'll email you an invoice as soon as your refills are ready.
If you ship us your container
Ship it back to us and include your name, address, email address and what fragrance you'd like. Once your refill is complete we'll email you your invoice. Once paid, we'll ship it back to you! You are responsible for shipping charges.
1502 Candle Co.
5837 Mission Gorge Rd, Ste C
San Diego, CA 92120
Do I need to remove the old wicks?
Yes, we can’t get the new wick(s) to adhere to the bottom of the candle if there are old wicks, wax or adhesives left over.
Do I need to remove the old label?
If you'd like a new fragrance label, please remove the old one. If you leave the old one, we leave it be. We don’t apply new fragrance labels to containers that aren't originally from 1502.
What fragrances are available?
You can choose from any of our currently available core fragrances, not including limited editions.
Do you accept custom containers?
Yes, we can refill custom containers. The container needs to be at least 1.5 inches wide and no taller than 5.5 inches, non-porous, and a mouth about the same diameter as the body. A good rule of thumb is if it housed a candle previously, we can most likely fill it!
Please keep in mind, we’ve done a (and continue to do) considerable amount of wick testing for our containers. When you have us refill a custom container we make an educated guess as to the size wick that will work however, because we haven’t been able to actually test wicks in the custom containers, you may not have a perfect burning candle - but we do our best!
BOTTLE RETURN / RECYCLE FAQ
Where can I return my bottle to?
You can return them to Botanica Home and Garden or ship them back to our HQ.
How does it work?
Bring your bottle back to us and we’ll take $2 off that purchase per bottle returned. Or if you ship it back to us we’ll email you a discount code for your next purchase.
Can I use the discount later?
If you return your bottles to Botanica, at this time we don’t have a way to keep track of discounts, so you’ll need to use it the same time you return your bottle.